Weekend Getaway


Well, I need to warn you that his post will be cheesy. 
You can stop now, or enjoy my cheesiness. And laugh on it. 


I forgot the last time I visited Bandung.
Maybe, four years ago; if I am not mistaken.
I came with a rumble heart.
I did not do much, and nothing could make me feel missing that town for the next couple of years.
Until last weekend.
When we had to, because of a wedding.

For me, it was more like becoming a chaperone for my parents who insisted to go to Bandung.
Sounds boring, I know.
But it turned out fun, for we treated it like having a holiday.

First thing first for a holiday is, that we all need to have fun. All happy & tired at the same level. Therefore, we decided not to take a car and let the tiredness goes to the driver (only).

Second first thing first is that we all need to explore, trying out new things we never had before. So we delisted the option of renting a car from Jakarta and decided to go by train. Afterall, four out of six people in the house never had the train experience to Bandung before.
Thanks to tiket.com, we finally managed to book the ticket for the long weekend. There was a bit mistake in booking the seats, that we (me, bubu, titan and la luna) went to different compartment with aki and nini. But hey, it turned out to be a bless. When La Luna and Titan got bored, they could walk around to visit aki and nini. Big yeay for Bunda. It is going to be my trick on travelling with toddlers.

Third first thing first for a holiday is that we all want comforts. Since we are six, we need to hire two cabs anyway. So, why don't we all seat together comfortably in an Alphard silver bird and watch the Mayday strike from the big window? The cost is slightly the same with the double blue bird. I feel like a winner for being luxurious and mreki at the same time.
In Bandung, there was a driver who had already waiting for us. He was a very good one. He took small streets and alley ways to avoid the hellish Bandung on weekend so we managed to keep track on our plans. Two thumbs up! You can have his number, just ask me.

Last but not least, that it is very important to make everybody happy. Elders got to the wedding, youngsters got to new places. Since our time was very limited, we could only go to Floating market. But kids got the climax for the holiday: the becak ride!

We were so happy! Tired, but yes ... happy.
The train ride was so exciting and there was a tour guide who told us about the ancient sites like Sasaksaat tunnel (the third longest train tunnel in the world) and Cisomang Bridge (the highest train bridge in Indonesia). The foods were so so, and the cleanliness was a bit poor. But it was okay for a tree hours ride. Still it hurt when the train reached Bekasi and we could start smelling the carbon monoxide.

It had been 17 months since our last holiday, a road trip to Yogya - Solo.
Now I am craving for more.








































Comments