Cinderella

One day in an urban life, when most people needed at least three hours to reach their office and back home and worked for almost eleven hours per day. The sky was dusky with a little lilac drapery.  As flying dragons back to their castle and replaced by the shadow dementors who are ready to suck your tired soul residue, there we saw a princess talking to her hope-to-be prince in the dim light. 

Like other princess who believes she lives in the fantasy world she can only control and understand, and like Cinderella who came to the party with a ticking-clock  insecure feeling, she asked him. “Why are you here with me and loving me with all your breath?”

“Because I believe, this is my chance.” said the guy firm. 

“Do you love me that much?” asked the girl back. 

“No. I just love you. Because if I love you that much, by this time you should be at your happiest moment and I would not know how to make you even more happier in the future.” Said the guy as he sipped his 16 years old sauvignon.    

The girl looked disappointed. “Do you love me?” she said in reluctant. But she knows, whatever what the guy would say, she would rather believe in what she wanted to believe. 

“I do.” Said the guy in a single breath.

“Will you stay?” another doubts came out. 

“I will. In whatever form you want me to be.” He answered. 

The girl took a deep breath. A final question was about to burst out. Is it ‘Will you marry me?’ No, the question is way too easy to be answered. Instead, she asked him: “Will you love me forever?”

Ouch. 

The guy got silent. Sixteen years old sauvignon suddenly tasted like urine and you needed to swallow nonetheless. It took him a few minutes, few flashback sand few premonitions for the future. But he realized that he is here. Now, at this very moment, and can’t ever get away to where ever he wanted him to be. 

“No, I cannot promise you that.” The guy said. 

The girl’s visions got blurred, tears started running down her face. Of course, in a very dramatic slow motion like it took the tears forever to finally dropping down. 

“Knowing myself very much, I cannot promise you whatever things in forever time. But my lady, I can promise you I will love you today … and tomorrow.  And by the time tomorrow comes, I hope I can  promise you I will love you today and tomorrow again until it fulfills your forever, forever.”

Suddenly the girl forgot she was a princess. She forgot her castle. She forgot she wore shoes that were made of glass. She forgot the pixie dust. For the first time in her life she realized one thing, that when the midnight comes, she would never ever change to someone she was never be.  



Comments