Happiness

A dearly friend was having a birthday yesterday. And she spent most of the day pampering herself. Did a massage, bought a pair of jeans and bangles, but I am very sure what matter the most was she enjoyed herself of being 29.

And at the same day, I surrendered myself getting trapped in a bookstore I always love: Kinokuniya, while the rain was pouring hard. There I was, sitting on the floor facing hundreds of books in hobby and craft section with Bono banging my ears. It has been a very long time since I had my Kinokuniya time. The last time I remembered was … maybe eight years ago.

“Happiness is a word for a feeling. Feelings are rarely understood; in a moment they are quickly forgotten and misremembered.” – Dr. Henry Carter, Shrink movie.

Yes, I most of the times lost in things I thought would make me happy. And it turns out, that I was not really happy after all. Instead, a simple thing like being alone for a while and got drown in the ocean of words could really made my day. And I just simply forgot that. Because I have been very busy misremembering things I thought would make me happier.

What is happiness?

Is it true that we will be happy if we know what we want?
Or will we be happy if we manage to differentiate our needs and wants? And which one will make us happier, when we got what we want or when we got our needs fulfilled?

After a journey to my past, I found out that for me; happiness is when I can embrace myself, little me and my alter ego (yes, those are the angels and nemesis deep in me) together. And is when I can forgive myself of not knowing what is happening or what to do.

Happy birthday, Ruri :) Though the first step toward happiness is always the hardest, I know you can do it.

Comments

  1. It's funny that the simplest things are the things to keep you ticking ;)

    Thanks Wuy.
    I guess happiness comes when we're not looking for it. Pico Iyer validated this.

    R

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment